Hot Cookie does not sell any content upload or personal data to advertisers or anyone else.
A. Content uploaded and displayed in a store
If you would like us to display your photo on in one of our stores or on www.hotcookie.com, we need the following permission from you:
1. The content that you upload, such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws. You retain ownership of the intellectual property rights (things like copyright or trademarks) in any such content that you upload to Hot Cookie. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
However, to use your picture or video we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a “license”) to use this content.
Specifically, when you upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with Hot Cookie, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to use, distribute, modify, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content. This means, for example, that if you share a photo with Hot Cookie, you give us permission to store, copy, and use it in our stores, on our social media accounts, and on www.hotcookie.com. This license will end when your content is deleted from our systems.
2. You can delete content you share, post, and upload at any time. In addition, all content on www.hotcookie.com will be deleted if you delete your account or delete your photo.
Upon written request, we will strive to remove content posted in one of our stores. There are many factors that may not make this possible including not be able to locate where the content has been posted. It may take up to 90 days to delete content after we begin the content or account deletion process or receive a content deletion request. While the deletion process for such content is being undertaken, the content is no longer visible to others on www.hotcookie.com. After the content is deleted, it may take us up to another 90 days to remove it from backups and disaster recovery systems.
Content will not be deleted within 90 days of the account deletion or content deletion process beginning in the following situations:
• where deletion within 90 days is not possible due to technical limitations of our systems, in which case, we will complete the deletion as soon as technically feasible; or
• where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to
• investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our Products or systems);
• protect the safety, integrity, and security of our Products, systems, services, our employees, and users, and to defend ourselves;
• comply with legal obligations for the preservation of evidence, including data Meta Companies providing financial products and services preserve to comply with any record keeping obligations required by law; or
• comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency;
In which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis). In each of the above cases, this license will continue until the content has been fully deleted.
B. Limits on using Hot Cookie intellectual property
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available on www.hotcookie.com or in our stores (for example, images, designs), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, translate, create derivative works.
C. Updating our Terms
We may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our practices, to promote a safe and secure experience on our products and services, and/or to comply with applicable law. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them. If you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the Hot Cookie community, you can delete your content at any time.
This document exists to limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it’s useful to know upfront where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
You and Hot Cookie each agree that any claim, cause of action, or dispute between us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or your access or use of the Meta Products shall be resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California or a state court located in Riverside County. You also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of the State of California will govern these Terms and any claim, cause of action, or dispute without regard to conflict of law provisions. Without prejudice to the foregoing, you agree that, in its sole discretion, Hot Cookie may bring any claim, cause of action, or dispute we have against you in any competent court in the country in which you reside that has jurisdiction over the claim.
1. These Terms (formerly known as the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities) make up the entire agreement between you and Hot Cookie regarding your photo or video. They supersede any prior agreements.
2. If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the unenforceable portion will be deemed amended to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable, and if it can’t be made enforceable, then it will be severed and the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
3. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
4. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Hot Cookie proudly promotes a sex-positive customer experience and workplace and is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive space for all that is free of harassment in any form.